Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthday, Blogoversary, Memo Board, and oh yeah...Kidney Stones


Hello all.  I have had a busy two week.  First, I missed my blogoversary.  Second, my I celebrated my 30th birthday on Thursday.  What did I get as a present for both of those milestones??  Yep, kidney stones.  Thankfully, I am feeling better and the whole situation has 'passed'. 

Since I still wasn't feeling 100% I wanted to go low key, so we went to the Portland Zoo.  I got some great shots (I'll post some later).

I have this great memo board I made from a cork board I picked up at GW for two bucks. 



I started by covering the board with one layer of quilt batting and some leftover fabric for my bedroom re-do.  I secured each layer with my handy staple gun.





To start the ribbons going accross the front, I ran one ribbon from each corner.

 

To ensure that I had the ribbons equally spaced I used one of my quilting rulers to place the other ribbons.




Once I finished with placing the ribbon I added a thumbnail to each point where the ribbon crossed.  I just loved the quilted look, but didn't care for the brass-y look of the tacs.



Inspiration struck and I decided to hot glue a button to the top of each tac.  Love.



I made a few fabric flowers for the corner and added buttons to the center of those as well.



I added ribbon to hang it and viola! 



Super cute memo board that matches my bedroom perfectly!  And all for less than five bucks!!!!!



Linking to:


NightOwlCrafting
 
Beyond The Picket Fence

5 comments:

  1. super cute! love the browns & blues! glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tutorial! so simple and, you are right, super-cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out darling! I am sorry to hear about your kidney stones! Thanks for lining up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete