Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Good Thing

 Ok, so I am finally settled in after moving a month ago (well, almost) and figured it was time to stop neglecting my bff's in blogland.  Have no worries dear followers, I have been busy crafting this past month and have been very good about take pictures to show you the fun stuff I have created.  With school done till September, my summer vacation holds the promise of lots of crafting and some fun outdoor adventures.  Here is a project I started, oh about a year ago. (alright, I started it last August)  My wonderful boyfriend, Nathan, bought me this super cute magazine stand for my birthday.



I started to refinish it and then in all of my slacker glory, I let it sit outside all winter.  Anyone who is familiar with an Oregon winter knows that means inches and inches of rain fell on this poor little thing.  Here is what it looked like after weathering the storm.



First peeled off the laminate top and sanded it down (it took a lot of sanding).  I started spraypainting it, after I used a whole can and had almost zero coverage I decided to brush paint it instead.  I chose Behr Pebble White.  Three coats of paint later I did a little distressing and added some dark glaze to bring out the 'love marks'. 



I absolutely love it!  I can't believe I honestly thought about throwing it out.  I will show you what I put out on the table in a later post. (some more fun stuff there!)

I am linking here:
Beyond The Picket Fence

and with the Sundae Scoop Party

No comments:

Post a Comment