Thursday, July 8, 2010

Berry Pickin' Fun

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  Isn't it the best when those holidays actually fall on a weekend?  It just seems like everyone has more fun!

I haven't been up to much crafting lately, but I do have some projects in the works.  One is for a guest post I will be doing later this month!!  (SUPER excited about that one!) 

One of the best things about living in the Willamette Valley is the amazing produce that grows locally.  Today was a hot one at about 95, we decided  leaving early would ensure that we had picked out bounty before the heat really hit.  Blueberries were the main goal for our trip today, but just a mile up the road is a great raspberry farm so we decided to stop by there as well. 



The blueberries were HUGE, and there were lots of them.



We picked just over 4 lbs of blueberries and grabbed some fresh peas (still in the pod!) for a grand total of $5!

The raspberries were just as plentiful, though the best berries are always hiding under the foilage so it takes a little searching. 


Again, we were amazed at the size of these raspberries! We took a picture of one next to a quarter to show the huge-ness of them.





We found about 4 lbs of berries and paid only $5!  I love that we are able to go to local family owned farms and pick our own produce.

1 comment:

  1. I love the berries at Grandpa's!! We got 9 lbs of strawberries and I was able to make 2 huge batches of freezer jam and two big angel food cake desserts for Fourth of July BBQ's we attended this weekend and all I paid was 6.00. Then this Saturday we are going back out to get blueberries, hopefully about 10 lbs....but no raspberries (I think the are SICK but I know you love them!)

    ReplyDelete