Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun Frame Makeover

I have had this frame forever just sitting in a box. 
If I had known it could be this cute I would have started earlier!



Here's the down and dirty:

I sprayed the frame a sunny yellow.  I didn't prime or sand so the wood grain/stain whatever showed right through.  Luckily, I lurve that look so it was perfect!  I didn't have the glass or backing for this frame so I had to come up with something.  Enter corkboard.



I cut the cork to fit snugly and hot glued it in place.  (cork cuts really easily with a razor blade, make one pass with the blad and then 'break' it apart)



I added some colorful ribbon to hang it with and stood back to enjoy my work.  It was missing something.  I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it so I walked away. 

I started going through my fabric stash and inspiration hit......add a couple of fabric flowers to the corner.



The flowers were super easy, I just put a glob of hot glue in the center of a circle (cut from whatever fabric you like) and kind scrunched up just the center of the circle.  As it dries you can pull and press it to make sure it lays the way you like it.  To finish it off I just added a matching button the to the center of each flower.



Perfect.



Exactly what it needed.


I am linking to:

Bunch of Scrap








and





 

and

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! and functional too! Thanks for linking up! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is precious!! Love those pretty colors. :) Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute corkboard frame. I was thinking of doing something very similar. I like the flowers you added for that extra touch. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that turned out, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete